Congratulations. You have made it to the apocalypse. Right now you are either a) hiding in a bomb shelter with gas masks and gross food or B) on the internet, looking at blogs. I’m going to guess it’s the second.
So, how can you have fun during the END OF THE WORLD? Well, SSF has your answers.
1. Thank your Maker. Your God/higher being/Tom Cruise/mother/werewolf pack that raised you. Thank them! Really! You should be thankful for every day.
2. Listen to happy, corny, sickeningly cheery pop songs. It'll be something to keep you cheerful. Today is going to be tense, whether you think there's any credibility in the Mayan calendar or not.
4. No sword? Simply mix up some red kool-aid and run into the streets screaming, “It’s begun!”, “Run for your lives!”, “Where’s the spaceship!”, “You’re next!”, or whatever crazy nonsense you can come up with. See how long it takes until your local news station shows up.
5. Listen to your end-of-the-world playlist. (See this post) Especially listen to R.E.M’s “It’s the End of the World as We Know It”.
6. Keep track of how many views R.E.M gets today (and don’t be surprised if it surpasses Psy’s “Gangnam Style”. Actually, it probably won’t. Nobody can defeat Psy).
7. Now that we're talking about it...watch "Gangnam Style". What better way to celebrate life than by watching the now-most-watched-Youtube-video-of-all-time?
8. Ignore all the Christmas movies on TV and watch 2012. Start thinking about how to convince your grandchildren how you survived this.
(Okay that might take some convincing)
9. Do legitimate research on Mayan culture. I’m sure they weren’t ALL such bad guys.
10. Get some friends together and start plotting up the next doomsday. Choose a date, come up with a creepy but possibly true theory, and decide what catastrophes will occur (internet shuts down? Nuclear bombs explode? Justin Bieber is cloned?) Now choose an internet board and get it out there!
What are your plans for today, December 21st, 2012? Will you live it up or go on as normal?